4.9.3 preparations

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Sep 9 00:11:48 PDT 2019

> On Sep 9, 2019, at 8:00 AM, Paul Buxton <paulbuxton.mail at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hmm, trying the AppImage on my work machine. The previous bug is fixed (crash when clicking flags on the map). But the git cloud storage looks to be having issues.
> See attached
> Ubuntu 16
> 4.4.0-145-generic #171-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 26 12:43:40 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

cloud URL set as "https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/paulbuxton.mail@googlemail.com[paulbuxton.mail@googlemail.com]"
Opening cloud storage from: "https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/paulbuxton.mail@googlemail.com[paulbuxton.mail@googlemail.com]"
git storage: Synchronising data file
git storage: Sync with cloud storage
git storage: Waiting for cloud connection (2 second(s) passed)
git storage: Waiting for cloud connection (3 second(s) passed)
git storage: Waiting for cloud connection (4 second(s) passed)
git storage: Cloud connection failed
connection test to cloud server failed QNetworkReply::UnknownNetworkError "TLS initialization failed" 0 ""
git storage: Can't reach cloud server, working with local data
git storage: Load dives from local cache

So that could mean that there's an issue with the server (tested a minute ago, Works For Me (TM)), there's an issue with the AppImage (tested that on ArchLinux, see before, Works For Me (TM), or there's a network issue where you are.

Which makes me wonder if maybe there's an issue with connectivity from your machine to the cloud server (it's on AWS, Oregon zone).

Can you access https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org from a browser and log in with your Subsurface cloud credentials?

Alternatively, have you tried starting the AppImage with a   --cloud-timeout=15  or similar argument, to give it more time to connect?