4.9.3 announced

Paul Buxton paulbuxton.mail at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 11 04:18:39 PDT 2019

I think that problem is that the bundled ssl library is the wrong one.
We are bundling 1.0, but we need to be bundling 1.1 or newer

A temporary workaround (for anyone who hits the issue)
cd ~
git clone https://github.com/openssl/openssl
cd openssl && ./config --prefix=/usr/local/ssl --openssldir=/usr/local/ssl
shared zlib
make

then run subusrface with
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:~/openssl/
./Subsurface-4.9.3-x86_64.AppImage

Note that I do not perform the install step, so the library is just in the
users home folder.

I will raise this as an issue and include this info as well.

Paul