Ratio ix3m Pro on Android

liquid tcp liquid.tcp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 14:53:48 PDT 2019

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 4:45 PM Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:

> On 11 September, 2019 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 09:07:51AM +0200, liquid tcp wrote:
> > >
> > > Since I'm completely new to diving, let me first thank you all for what
> > > seems to me as the best available divelog!
> > >
> > > I do have a Ratio ix3m Pro (Deep) computer that downloads fine to
> subsurface
> > > In the Android app [2.2.0(4.9.1.40) - playstore beta] the pros are not
> > > listed, and I can't download the logs to subsurface-mobile (via USB-C
> > > adapter)
> >
> > The Pro models don't support BLE - and on Android support of cable based
> > downloads is mostly non-existant. Yes, for FTDI cables this appears to
> > work for a small number of people who's phones' Android version doesn't
> > block access to the way we try to open the USB port, but it appears for
> > the vast majority of phones even the FTDI download fails. And I /think/
> > the Ratio download cable isn't FTDI based, anyway.
> >

> Which serial chip do they use?
>
> Plug the dive computer into your phone and run a app like:
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=aws.apps.usbDeviceEnumerator
>
> And send the info here, and I'll tell you.

Like Ricardo wrote: FTDI FT230X Basic UART

Device Info
Device Path: /dev/bus/usb/001/002
Device Class: Use class information in the Interface Descriptors (0x0)
Vendor ID:  0403
Vendor Name (reported):  FTDI
Vendor Name (from DB):  Future Technology Devices International, Ltd
Product ID:  6015
Product Name (reported):  FT230X Basic UART
Product Name (from DB):  not found

Additional Info
Interface #0
Class: Vendor Specific (0xff)
Endpoint: #0
Address        : 0x81 (10000001)
Number         : 1
Direction      : Inbound (0x80)
Type           : Bulk (0x2)
Poll Interval  : 0
Max Packet Size: 64
Attributes     : 000000010
Endpoint: #1
Address        : 0x02 (000000010)
Number         : 2
Direction      : Outbound (0x0)
Type           : Bulk (0x2)
Poll Interval  : 0
Max Packet Size: 64
Attributes     : 000000010

> > > Is there anything I can do to (help) make it available?
> > > Unfortunately I have never worked with C++ before (well, actually I
> only
> > > "played lego" with .Net ;-) except of some assembler basics back in
> school)
> > > I've tried and downloaded the repo, but must admit I do not yet
> understand
> > > the divecomputer interface, and didn't even find the android related
> code.
> > > so I fear I can't be much help with actual coding anytime soon
> >
> > We in theory know how this situation could be improved. But the only
> > developer who really seems to fully understand what needs to be done
> > doesn't have the time to work on this, and those who care enough and
> might
> > have the time, don't have sufficient understanding how to make the
> libusb2
> > integration with the native USB port access implementation on newer
> > Android work.

OK, thanks. My phone does react kind of unexpected when I try to change the
USB mode from client to OTG (switching back stating couldn't switch)
So a workaround might be using an old android device as a downloader? Or
wouldn't this work anyways since the ProductID isn't implemented on
subsurface-mobile?
Well, on the other hand, downloading the dive shouldn't be so urgent that
it can't wait until I'm back on a real computer. - Since I'm not into tech
diving (yet) ;-)

thanks again for your help and all the work!
best regards
Benji