Ratio ix3m Pro on Android

liquid tcp liquid.tcp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 05:47:49 PDT 2019

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 10:25 AM Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:

> On 11 September, 2019 - liquid tcp wrote:

> what

> > > subsurface
> not
> USB-C

> based
> doesn't
> for
> /think/
> > > >

> > > Which serial chip do they use?
> > >
> > > Plug the dive computer into your phone and run a app like:
> > >
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=aws.apps.usbDeviceEnumerator
> > >
> > > And send the info here, and I'll tell you.
> > >

> > Like Ricardo wrote: FTDI FT230X Basic UART
> >
> > Device Info
> > Device Path: /dev/bus/usb/001/002
> > Device Class: Use class information in the Interface Descriptors (0x0)
> > Vendor ID:  0403
> > Vendor Name (reported):  FTDI
> > Vendor Name (from DB):  Future Technology Devices International, Ltd
> > Product ID:  6015
> > Product Name (reported):  FT230X Basic UART
> > Product Name (from DB):  not found
>
> Then its just our filter logic that needs updating.
>
> I'd love to be able to disable that logic for cases like this, and just
> show everything and let the user pick what device and communication
> method. Like we have the ShowNonDiveComputers , we should have a show
> all dive computers, even if they probably don't work.

> > > only
> > > school)
> > > understand
> related
> > > code.

> > > might
> > > libusb2
> > >

> > OK, thanks. My phone does react kind of unexpected when I try to change
> the
> > USB mode from client to OTG (switching back stating couldn't switch)
> > So a workaround might be using an old android device as a downloader? Or
> > wouldn't this work anyways since the ProductID isn't implemented on
> > subsurface-mobile?
>
> Sounds like your phone isn't that healthy. OTG is a requirement to be
> able to download from a ftdi device.
>
> All the bits are there, just that the Ratio dc's isn't in the list of
> known ftdi dive computers.
>
> OTG is working fine with other devices. So i /think/ that is what Dirk
meant with Android blocking the way we access the USB.
I do have an older phone lying around in the office. I'll take it home and
see whether it behaves differently

> Well, on the other hand, downloading the dive shouldn't be so urgent that
> > it can't wait until I'm back on a real computer. - Since I'm not into
> tech
> > diving (yet) ;-)
>
> Downloading from a dc and tech diving have no correlation. Downloading
> data from your dc and keeping that in your logbook is one thing, tech
> diving is another thing.
>
> //Anton - Who thinks "Technical diving" is a really bad name
>
> What I meant to say: I don't need the detailed data for planning my next
dive. on the other hand, if I needed I'd most likely prefer a Notebook
anyways ;-)
Should I better say extended range?

best regards
Benji