4.9.3 AppImage issue

David Tillotson david at acmelabs.co.uk
Wed Sep 18 01:05:20 PDT 2019

I have discovered an issue with the layest AppImage, that seems to be the result of an assumption by the included systemd components.

On my Devuan system, I was unable to launch the AppImage, and on checking found that it was due to a missing file ("/usr/local/var/lib/dbus/system-id" or "/etc/system-id"). An empty file isn't sufficient, as dbus expects a 32 char hex string, so I just created a random one, which worked.

Hopefully this is just a flaw in the AppImage build, and not another step along the path from GNU/Linux to Systemd/GNU/Linux! ;-)

⁣David Tillotson​