Latest Testflight fersion

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Apr 3 13:21:50 PDT 2020

> On Apr 3, 2020, at 12:42 PM, Martin de Weger via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I just did download the latest version from Testflight (version 4.9.3.1312). I started the app and saw info about what was going on (loading dives, dive site and so on). It felt a bit long to load the information from local cache. I did close the app and tried again. Same result, third time I decided to time it. It took 11.75 seconds to load. users might think that is a bit long (or am I just not patient enough?? ;) )

So the time to load as stayed the same for the last few dozen releases. We just now show the actual UI MUCH MUCH earlier on iOS than we did before.
So now you only see the logo for about 1 to 5 seconds (depending on how old your device is, mostly) and then see the update what happens. Previously you'd see the logo between 4 and 15 seconds (based on my testing).
The total time until you see the dive list should have gone down slightly on most devices - the additional time that we spend on the full text index populating has been more than made up by the much faster initialization of the UI itself.
At least that is true in my tests on four different iDevices with data sets between 12 and 8000+ dives.

If some of you see significantly different results, I'm always eager to see logs of that. The logs have time stamps that really help replace "this feels slow" with actual data :-)