Subsurface-mobile support request

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Apr 3 15:01:07 PDT 2020

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 2:37 PM Dirk Hohndel via subsurface
<subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:

> I need to spend more time staring at the code to try to figure out how
> it's possible that we find two new dives but then believe that the dive
> list is unchanged - as THAT is the underlying problem here. Which is
> different from the problem we had with 3.0.x with x<3 where we thought
> that there was already a write ongoing and refused to start a "second"
> write...

Hmm. "move_dive_table()" (which does the "move from download thread to
main divelist) doesn't actually seem to do mark_divelist_changed().

So maybe that never happens, and then unsaved_changes() returns false,
and then we don't even try to save anything?

Back to merging kernel ARM code for me..

           Linus