Dive uploads on Subsurface-mobile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Apr 7 11:18:15 PDT 2020

On Mon, 2020-04-06 at 11:43 +0200, Willem Ferguson via subsurface
wrote:
> Three quick questions about dive uploads on Subsurface-mobile.
>
> 1) When opening Subsurface-mobile, the last dive trip is highlighted.
> In
> my case these trips were created on the Linux desktop and stored in
> the
> cloud. Consequently, when I download dives to the mobile phone they
> are
> stored under the last trip. I cannot find a way to get downloaded
> dives
> in the dive list ABOVE the last trip.

I have seen similar behavior where we do not follow our usual rules as
to when something is added to the last trip vs. get a new trip (if
autotrip is turned on) or become top-level dives.

I need to look at that code again to understand why it's not doing
that.

> 2) I cannot see how to create a trip for the newly downloaded dives
> in
> order to group them together. The context menu does not appear to
> provide such an option.

You can create a new trip only for a top level dive. So long-press on
one of the new dives and remove it from the trip it's in. Now you can
create a new trip for that.

The reason why it's this way is that the menu got really confusing
otherwise - you would potentially have "remove from trip, add to trip
above, trip below, and create a new trip for this one" which felt
really crowded and unnecessarily complex. If people feel that this
would be preferable to the method we have now, I'm of course open to
changing this.

> 3) Newly downloaded dives are all show as "dive number 0". Is there,
> within the mobile app, a way to renumber dives in the dive list?

That's odd. I haven't tested this in a few days, but up until recently
I know that we followed the same rules as on the desktop where we would
number the dives that were downloaded if they are all newer than the
already existing dives.

I'll add this to my list of "I need to test / verify" this.

To the other part of your question, there is no "renumber multiple
dives" on mobile, there is only the ability to renumber an individual
dive (by editing it - the number is one of the things that you can
edit).

Given that we don't support multi-selection on mobile, the one thing
that we /could/ add would be "renumber all dives"