towards 4.9.4

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Apr 12 09:29:01 PDT 2020

Hi Salvador!

> On Apr 12, 2020, at 2:26 AM, Salvador Cuñat <salvador.cunat at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Obviously, a lot has changed since 4.9.3 and this deserves some solid testing.
>
> The desktop info tab looks quite ugly for me, see attachment.  Using 4.8.4-736-ge9658d88d310 built from git on I3WM with Qt5ct plugin; tried on KDE/Plasma too with same result.   Clear themes are even uglier than dark one.

That is an interesting version number, if I may say so... get you do a "git pull --tags" and see what you get? Current master should be something like v4.9.3-1433-g563263ab4

And yes, this is spectacularly ugly.

Full disclosure. I personally dislike dark themes and never use them - so the likelihood that things are broken in dark themes is even higher than in regular ones.
It would be lovely if someone could step up and "own" this.... clearly the color choices here are terrible.