towards 4.9.4

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Apr 12 11:43:14 PDT 2020

It appears that on a hand full of platforms libgit2 suddenly refuses to connect to our cloud server (this is the old server, unchanged). Using the exact same version of libgit2 on other platforms works fine.
For example, I can no longer connect to the cloud server on a current Arch Linux (neither with Subsurface nor with Subsurface-mobile running on the desktop), but I can connect just fine on macOS or from my iPad.

At this point I don't even have a theory what might be causing this.

It might be useful (I actually don't know) to see who else is affected beyond "some current Samsung Android devices" and "current Arch Linux".
So if you are reading this and have access to a current build on Windows or on a different Linux distro, I'd be curious if you can connect to the cloud server.

/D