towards 4.9.4

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Apr 12 12:41:29 PDT 2020

> On Apr 12, 2020, at 12:09 PM, Dirk Hohndel via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>> On Apr 12, 2020, at 11:52 AM, Pedro Neves via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 12/04/20 19:43, Dirk Hohndel via subsurface wrote:
>>> For example, I can no longer connect to the cloud server on a current Arch Linux (neither with Subsurface nor with Subsurface-mobile running on the desktop),
>>
>> Dirk:
>>
>> I can connect fine, using Arch and Subsurface on the desktop..
>
> now that is just baffling to me.
>
> Thank you so much for that report. Now I think I know even less than before :-(

OK, I figured out one part of the puzzle.
It appears that my locally built libgit2 was linked against older version of openssl than the system provides. That appears to have caused the issue, as blowing away my own libgit2 and using the system provided one (which is now 1.0 on Arch) makes the error go away for me.

Which means the only one who still sees THAT issue is Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor (I'm sorry, showing my cultural insensitivity - I don't know which part of your name is your given name...) on the Android device.

So I'll put investigating this on hold for a moment as I can no longer reproduce it :-/