towards 4.9.4

Hartley Horwitz hhrwtz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 12:52:38 PDT 2020

Testing on Windows 10 Enterprise, 64 bit:

Items that work:
* edits to notes page.  I tried adding or changing fields, adding notes,
stars, etc
* manually added tanks and tank switches to a dive
* changed a dive duration
* added 2 different weight types
* checked statistics on individual dive, and 4 dives.  I did not do
detailed calculations to confirm the numbers were accurate -- just ball
park on depths, times, air consumption
* added a new dive site. Dragged flag in map view to create a new location
* filtering.  I didn't try extensively, just filtered on tags, and water
temperature
* renumbering all dives
* edited a dive trip title and info

Items that don't work:
* edits to the notes page do not warn the user that they are editing a
dive.  Edits to the equipment page do (i.e. the warning banner at the top
of the page).
* added in an unreasonable atmospheric pressure.  I couldn't see how it
impacted the dive. I tried 0.2mbar and 2000mbar.  I expected to see some
change on the tissue heat map, and I did not.
* layout of the information page.  I sent an attachment on my previous
email, but the right column of info is stretched to fit the page, which
looks strange
* preferences - unit. I noticed that the display says metric, and in shaded
text is something with is personalized.  I normally had preferences set as
personalized, so this looked like a change.  Initially I thought I must
have changed it to 'all metric' when doing testing on mobile.  For
'personalized' I have all units in metric except weight in pounds.  So
based on the fact the radio button says metric, I was expecting weights in
kilos.  Instead weight is shown in pounds, and the rest of the units were
metric as expected.   I selected the 'apply' button on the bottom of the
page and it then appears as if the 'all metric' setting was applied.  This
is a long explanation, but it looks like subsurface properly read my
initial preferences, and displayed my dive log using those preferences, but
when I go to the preference page, it showed some other setting.    Since
I've applied and saved these preferences, opening and closing Subsurface
several times, I'm no longer able to reproduce this issue.

Items I haven't tried:
* preferences  - fonts, profile options
* download from DC
* dive planning