Video user support for Subsurface-mobile

Hartley Horwitz hhrwtz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 18:34:02 PDT 2020

Willem,

These videos are excellent.  I'm impressed. I can only imagine how much
effort you've put into this.  Knowing the work that goes into this, I'm a
bit reluctant to suggest any changes, but at some risk, here I go:

* Video #1.  You mention early on that Subsurface has already been
downloaded from Google Play.  I'd suggest adding "or from Apple's App
Store" to highlight to users this software is available on both platforms.

* Video #2.  When entering coordinates for a new dive, I'd also suggest
doing this later by opening up the map, and copying and pasting the
coordinates back to the dive.  That's a very visual way of doing things and
fully built into the software.  (main-menu->location->map, then zoom to the
dive site, select "copy coordinates to the clipboard" and then return to
the dive, and paste in the coordinates).

* Video #2 or Video #5.  When talking about the cylinder, it is worth
mentioning you can specify a default cylinder by editing your "settings" in
the main menu.

* Videos #3 and #4.  I think these videos should be made for iOS as well.
I assume there's more users for Android than iOS, but it is probably still
worth it.  I don't think I can do as good a job as Willem, but I can try.

As for topics -- how about undo/redo, and moving a dive to the trip above
or below.  The undo/redo is probably the coolest feature.

...Hartley