towards 4.9.4

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Apr 15 12:30:35 PDT 2020

Quick update on where we are...

Subsurface-mobile 3.0.4 with crash fixes has been pushed (I believe
it's out on iOS but still waiting for review on Android - part of this
is my fault as I messed up submitting the 3.0.4 beta on Android).

The crashes that have been reported here for Subsurface should be
fixed.

The git storage issues have been resolved and in the process another
long standing bug that rarely and randomly caused issues has been
fixed.

The UI issue with info tab on most (but not all) OSs / desktop
environments has been addressed.

If anyone is working on fixing the dark theme issues, I am not aware of
that. So that part of the problem might still be ongoing.

The user manual is still in need to have refresh.

None of the build infrastructure work has happened while we were
chasing the other bugs mentioned above. That's what I hope I'll get to
focus on in the next few days.

Please keep testing, please keep sending bug reports.
I know, few of us currently get to go diving so it may be hard to
motivate yourself to dig out a dive computer to test some downloads or
to work with the dive planner or to try printing some dives.

But maybe that's a good way to remember the enjoyment of diving while
dealing with the current COVID-19 reality.

Thanks