download log files from divecomputer

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sat Apr 18 02:04:46 PDT 2020

On 2020/04/18 10:06, René Ruiter wrote:
> Must the divecomputer (cosmiq) always first download via bluetooth,
> before you can put the files on your computer. My phone has not so
> many space.
>
> René

You are not absolutely clear, so I am reading between the lines. You
want to download dives from your Cosmiq to your mobile phone and then
transfer them to your desktop computer?? I deduce you use Windows on
your desktop?

If this is what you wish to do, why not download from the Cosmiq
straight onto your Desktop? From the above, I deduce you cannot do
Bluetooth download to your desktop (perhaps no bluetooth available on
your desktop??). Many inexpensive generic USB Bluetooth adapters can
work with your desktop. If the Cosmiq connects to your mobile phone it
should also connect to your desktop using a generic Bluetooth interface.

It is possible to download the dives using Bluetooth to your mobile
phone and then transfer them to your desktop via the Cloud, but if your
phone does not have space to keep a full dive log, this would need quite
a bit of trickery.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to