new CI builds

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Apr 19 12:12:53 PDT 2020

Every time I approach creating a release, I realize that something
broke while I wasn't looking. Which really is why things need to be
automated and tested all the time.

As a result of that thought process (surprise, surprise) came the
realization that I need to automate the Linux distro builds. We already
create AppImages with every push to master on GitHub. Now we also
create "daily" builds on Launchpad and OBS with every push. You can
find them here:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:Subsurface-Divelog/Subsurface-daily

https://launchpad.net/~subsurface/+archive/ubuntu/subsurface-daily/+packages

You all know what comes next, right?

I'd appreciate if people could test these builds. Yeah, there's a lot
of them and likely no one has access to all those platforms... but if
you have one of the Ubuntu versions we build for (18.04, 19.10, 20.04)
or openSUSE 15.0 or 15.1 or Fedora 29 through 31... please give them a
try.

What I most care about: do things look right? Info tab, menus, etc?
Can you talk to a dive computer (USB, BT)? Can you connect to the
cloud? Can you print? Does the user manual work?

I appreciate everyone's help.