new CI builds

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Apr 19 15:59:57 PDT 2020

> On Apr 19, 2020, at 3:25 PM, Dietrich Meyer via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> Just did a quick test of the current version (4.9.3.-1480) on Opensuse 15.1,
> installed via yast.

Thank you. Much appreciated!

> On my (due to time limitations restricted) 15 minute playing around, most
> (almost everything) worked nicely:
>
> - connected to/synchronised with  cloud
> - printing worked
> - user manual (F1) came up
> - did play with filter (full text filter)
> - Tabs (notes, Info, Equipment) look good (on KDE Plasma)
> - map worked (clicking on dive site brings up the corresponding dive and vice
> versa)

NICE.

> The only small thing not looking 100% alright, but maybe/probably due to my
> dive log: On Startup (or after fresh install on first sync with cloud) I got
> the following message:
>
>> git-load: string marker after running out of strings ('description')
>
> Probably something in my dive notes (unmatched parenthesis or quotation
> marks?)

No, this is a warning about an oddity in the way cylinder descriptions were
stored for a while. The next time you actually modify the dives that are affected
and store them, the warnings will go away. But this is basically harmless.

> Don't have my dive computer with me, so can't check downloading new dives
> (apart from the obvious problem of "new dives" this spring)

Yeah, there's a lot of us with that problem :-(

> If there is any particular test procedure or function I should check, please
> let me know.

I don't think I can really point at any specific things that I know need testing.
It looks like you have covered quite a few of the important areas.

Thanks again!