Download using BTLE to Subsurface on Windows

Hartley Horwitz hhrwtz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 14:09:05 PDT 2020

I tested download from a Shearwater Teric to Subsurface Mobile 4.9.3.1486.
  This worked as expected.

I tried downloading from the Teric to Subsurface on a Lenovo with Windows
10 using  4.9.3-1489.  The download fails (I've attached a log).  I tried
the same thing on a different laptop, a Toshiba, windows 10 enterprise,
this time using 4.9.3 version of Subsurface.  I get the same error -- the
device mount-point is shown, but a connection between the PC and the Dive
Computer is never established.

Here's the order of what I did:
* ensured Bluetooth is enabled on the PC
* paired the Dive Computer to the PC  -- the PC indicates they are paired
* in Subsurface, selected Download from Dive Computer
* etc.

The Teric is pretty new for me and every time I've downloaded it has been
using the Mobile App on iOS.  This is my first time using Bluetooth
download on a Windows machine. My old DC was USB.
I'm hoping this is user-error.  Yes I read the manual.  I believe I'm
following the steps from the manual.

….Hartley