Import WLOG no longer working

Salvador CuƱat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 04:19:32 PDT 2020

Hello Manfred.
I've just fixed your cloud storage.  It seems good to me.  Please check it.

El dom., 16 ago. 2020 a las 8:31, Manfred Hantl (<Manfred.Hantl at web.de>)
escribiĆ³:

> One more question - i manage my and my wifes log on the same computer. I
> do this by setting the userid in settings, opening then the relevant cloud
> storage, importing the relevant wlog file and uploading again to the cloud.
> This works but is a bit cumbersome due to the change of the userid in the
> settings. Is there a better way? Can the cloud user be stored in the local
> copy of the ssrf file ? --

Yes, there is.

You can call Subsurface from command line (or set appropriately the desktop
link in Win10, if any) like:

subsurface --user=Manfred   (Manfred is example)

First time you do this you have to set all preferences for the "user"
Manfred.  This includes cloud user and password (your current are stored
locally but not bound to a user), units, if you want to automatically open
the cloud, gradient factors, etc, etc.
Once you are done all settings are bound to the user "Manfred", and next
time you just have to call subsurface using the flag --user=Manfred as
before.

Repeat for your wife, with a different user, off course ;-)

The thing I'd change, for sure, is the way you are updating your Subsurface
divelog.  Try this:

- open subsurface as usual
- close your regular divelog (cloud or file)
- with the main tab empty ...
- import your .log file  -> you should get all dives in the log file.
- Select the last dive you have in your current subsurface divelog
- Go down the dive list to the first one.
- Press "shift" and left click on the mouse at once -> you have selected a
range of dives.
- right click on the mouse and, in the appearing menu select "delete dive/s"
- now you should only have in the dive list those dives you want to add to
the divelog.
- from main menu select "save as" and choose a fancy name like
"temp_manfred.ssrf" in the folder you prefer.
- Open again your subsurface divelog
- go to import menu -> choose your temp_manfred.ssrf" file.
- renumber the dives as those imported will have different sequence numbers
than previous.
- Save your updated subsurface divelog.

This seems annoying but is longer to explain than to do.  Once you have set
users for your wife and you, it may be even faster using command line.  By
calling subsurface like:

subsurface /path/to/my/wlog_divelog.log

you will be directly in step #5

May be I've been too verbose explaining this as you have used Subsurface
for some time now, but in Spain we use to say "Mejor que sobre que no que
falte" (vaguely "better too much than too few").

BTW.  Berthold had asked for the bogus file to try to fix the issues
derived from repeatedly merging the same dives once and again. Do you mind
if I send it to him?

Sorry for this long brick, best regards.

Salva.