Building with printing on Mac

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Mon Aug 17 05:24:35 PDT 2020

Hi,

once more, I need some help in building subsurface. For a few years, I have always used NOPRINTING=ON, since I did not want to deal with complications from features that I never use at all (I print logbook pages using the TeX export). But since I was playing with the icons sizes and those affect the native print support as well, I thought I could once again give it a try.

What I did so far (plus many steps that apparently were dead ends):

Installed QtWebKit from source, built and installed (it ended up in /usr/local/lib).

Blew away build directory.

Ran scripts/build.sh -build-with-webkit

That proceeded without errors but produced a binary that when run complained it couldn’t find the WebKit framework.
That could be helped by install_name_tool -add_rpath /usr/local/lib Subsurface.app/Contents/MacOS/Subsurface
That resulted in complaints about not being able to finde MultimediaWidgets, so
install_name_tool -add_rpath /Users/Helling/Qt/5.12.0/clang_64/lib/ Subsurface.app/Contents/MacOS/Subsurface

And indeed, now I have a subsurface binary that has  print option. But the pages it produces are just the forms, there is no data filled in and instead of the profile, there is only the Subsurface logo. In the terminal, it complains

Don't know how to handle metatype DiveObjectHelperGrantlee
[...]
can't find a spot in the dataModel
can't find a spot in the dataModel
can't find a spot in the dataModel
Don't know how to handle metatype DiveObjectHelperGrantlee
Don't know how to handle metatype DiveObjectHelperGrantlee

Googling the error message, I found that i had a similar problem before (and I don’t remember if it was eventually resolved) but there it was obscured by other errors about threads which I don’t have anymore.

Anybody any ideas?

Best
Robert