mobile dark theme
dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Dec 22 17:29:33 PST 2020
So... I have pushed out new versions.
Android is available in the store. iOS is "waiting for review".
For stupid reasons the Android one is still called 3.1.1 (but the build number shows that it's 22.214.171.124). The iOS one will be 3.1.2 (126.96.36.199).
The ONLY difference is the version number. iOS store absolutely doesn't let you push to releases with the same version number. And I keep forgetting.
- buttons and some other elements (like the down arrow/indicators for combo boxes) are now changing color when you change themes
- the combo boxes in dive edit are now again editable (that was such a major pain to figure out... Ugh) - so that's suit, buddy, location, etc
- a couple small & very subtle visual updates - I don't think anyone would notice without reading the commit log
Oddly, fighting all this over the last few days seems to have helped me understand at least a couple of things better, so I'm tempted to do a slightly larger overhaul of our QML code.
Hopefully that urge will pass, because I'm sure there is a mountain of pain going down that path.
- I think I understand know how Kirigami theming is supposed to work. It would be so lovely to use that instead of that odd mix that we have right now
- I think I know how to make the overall visual appearance less "heavy" and "clunky" - that's of course a matter of taste and design skills, which means likely no one should let me near this
- I have a couple other ideas that seem like low hanging fruit... but usually whenever I think that there are a couple of complete head scratchers in the mix that turn what looks easy into a major pain
So, who knows.
But at least 3.1.2 sound be a real improvement over 3.0.x as it's now (or soon) in the stores. So there's that :-)
To all of you:
> On Dec 22, 2020, at 10:46 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Yeah, that's a PAIN. I can give you either text input, or theming so far. QML is showing itself from its most charming side again this morning...
> I'll keep trying, but no promises.
>> On Dec 22, 2020, at 9:09 AM, Dirk Hohndel via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org <mailto:subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org>> wrote:
>> Oops, that's not what I intended. I'll try to fix that today.
>> On December 22, 2020 1:09:56 AM PST, Attilla de Groot <attilla at attilla.nl <mailto:attilla at attilla.nl>> wrote:
>> Hi Dirk,
>> I just noticed that the buddy/divemaster fields have become a drop down box where previously I could also type and add a new buddy. Is this intentional?
>> I typically import my shearwater on my phone and fill in most of the details. Later I'll edit it more on my desktop, so now I can't add a new buddy on my phone when importing the dive.
>> I would suggest it is like the location field where you can fill in a new one or you select a previous site.
>> -- Attilla
>> On December 21, 2020 16:59:41 Dirk Hohndel via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org <mailto:subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org>> wrote:
>>> And on my Android device 126 regressed on most of the previous color fixes.
>>> I have absolutely no idea how that happened.
>>> More stuff to track down before I can release this, I guess. 😔😒😕
>>> On December 21, 2020 10:38:42 AM PST, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
>>> Suffering from insomnia again - bad for me, good for Subsurface.
>>> Last night I fixed another LONG standing bug in Subsurface-mobile.
>>> If you edit a dive and save the changes, the profile of the displayed dive wasn't updated.
>>> 188.8.131.52 fixes that.
>>> I'm happy to wait a few more hours for additional testing, but at this point I'm fairly happy with what I have and unless someone finds a bug that needs addressing, I'll promote .126 to production later today.
>>> Thanks everyone!
>>> Sent from my phone
>>> subsurface mailing list
>>> subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org <mailto:subsurface%40subsurface-divelog.org>
>>> http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/subsurface <http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/subsurface>
>> Sent from my phone_______________________________________________
>> subsurface mailing list
>> subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org <mailto:subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org>
>> http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/subsurface <http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/subsurface>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the subsurface