mobile dark theme

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Dec 22 17:29:33 PST 2020

So... I have pushed out new versions.
Android is available in the store. iOS is "waiting for review".
For stupid reasons the Android one is still called 3.1.1 (but the build number shows that it's 4.9.10.138). The iOS one will be 3.1.2 (4.9.10.139).
The ONLY difference is the version number. iOS store absolutely doesn't let you push to releases with the same version number. And I keep forgetting.

This fixes
- buttons and some other elements (like the down arrow/indicators for combo boxes) are now changing color when you change themes
- the combo boxes in dive edit are now again editable (that was such a major pain to figure out... Ugh) - so that's suit, buddy, location, etc
- a couple small & very subtle visual updates - I don't think anyone would notice without reading the commit log

Oddly, fighting all this over the last few days seems to have helped me understand at least a couple of things better, so I'm tempted to do a slightly larger overhaul of our QML code.
Hopefully that urge will pass, because I'm sure there is a mountain of pain going down that path.

- I think I understand know how Kirigami theming is supposed to work. It would be so lovely to use that instead of that odd mix that we have right now
- I think I know how to make the overall visual appearance less "heavy" and "clunky" - that's of course a matter of taste and design skills, which means likely no one should let me near this
- I have a couple other ideas that seem like low hanging fruit... but usually whenever I think that there are a couple of complete head scratchers in the mix that turn what looks easy into a major pain

So, who knows.

But at least 3.1.2 sound be a real improvement over 3.0.x as it's now (or soon) in the stores. So there's that :-)

To all of you:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

/D