[Subsurface-divelog/subsurface] Filter: implement starts-with and exact modes (#2612)

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Mon Feb 10 22:44:56 PST 2020

Hi,

taking this back to the mailing list...

> On 10. Feb 2020, at 23:37, bstoeger <notifications at github.com <mailto:notifications at github.com>> wrote:
>
> Heh... I already had written
>
>     using StrCheck = auto (*) (const QString &s1, const QString &s2) -> bool;
> and then changed it back to more classical C-style. I think using Type = complex_type is one of the cases where new style is more readable than classical style (typedef complex_type Type).
>
> The use of lambdas in this commit is due to laziness to define global functions. The rest is fairly standard idiomatic C.
>
> You probably haven't seen any really advanced c++. That can be total gibberish to me as well. :)
>
> You will have a field day with the new ranges library. Though it will take some years until Qt is compatible with that, if ever. After all Qt's container still don't interact nicely with C++11.

on that topic, can you recommend a source (book, tutorial etc), that brings somebody who knows C sufficiently well up to speed with modern C++ (including memory management, standard library, closures etc)? It shouldn’t be all from the start but just a diff to C and sufficiently compact so that I have a chance to get through it in the little time available that I unfortunately have? On that account: Semester just ended \o/, this week exams and then it will hopefully be a bit better.

Best
Robert