load-git and event parsing

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Feb 15 10:59:53 PST 2020

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 10:42 AM Linus Torvalds

> On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 10:35 AM Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
> >
> > "git-load: string marker after running out of strings ('description')"
>
> Let me go stare at the description cases. Maybe there's some special
> case I was missing.

I'm not seeing anything, and the one test-case I tried didn't show
anything either.

Is there any chance you could just archive your local cloudserver
cache git repository and send it to me in private email? A gzipped
tar-file, or zip file, or whatever (I realize I don't know what
platform you're running on).

If Linux it's a directory like

   ~/.subsurface/cloudstorage/[40-byte hex string of hash]/

on OS X it's

    ~/Library/Application Support/Subsurface/cloudstorage/[hex string]/

and on Windows I have no idea where it's lurking.

                 Linus