load-git and event parsing

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Feb 15 11:38:37 PST 2020

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 11:15 AM Willem Ferguson
<willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> This hardly affects the utility of the software.

Yeah, no, but the "string marker after running out of strings" message
really means that we have some internal parsing consistency.

So I don't think it's a problem for actual users, but it makes me go
"what could possibly be wrong" for a fairly core piece of code..

It would be lovely to get it fixed and have a test-case (and maybe
just exporting it as xml would let me reproduce it, but I have a
suspicion that it might be due to basically git save format corruption
from earlier problems).

But it's in no way critical. Your diving is more important ;)

                   Linus