iOS - zooming profile on release 4.9.3.975

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Feb 17 18:29:57 PST 2020

> On Feb 17, 2020, at 6:10 PM, Hartley Horwitz <hhrwtz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm testing the new release of iOS on an iPhone 6.

I'm always happy to see people testing with "not the latest and greatest" phones. An iPhone 6Plus is part of my sizeable stack of phones as well...

> The zoom feature works, but I've noticed the interaction with the dive list is acting up.   I'm not sure if this occurred on this specific release or one of the other releases over the last few days because I'm accessing my dive list a bit differently.
>
> What I observe is if I access a dive that's part of a multi-dive trip, things work as I'd expect:
> (I) click on a trip which causes it to expand
> (ii) select a specific dive in that trip which immediately shows that dive
> (iii) return to the dive list as desired by selecting "Dive List" at the top of the screen.
>
> When I try the same thing on a trip that only contains 1 dive, I get a different behavior:
> (I) clip on a trip with 1 dive, it expands to show 1 dive
> (ii) select that dive.  On some dives on my list, what happens is the Dive list remains displayed, but scrolled down about 1/4 of a page.   If I scroll up, with my selected dive is highlighted, but the window doesn't scroll to show the actual dive info, dive profile, etc.
> (iii) the dive is open though, so if I swipe right to left, I do see my selected dive
>
> This occurs for "some" of the single-dive trips on my list, but not all.  The only pattern I can observe is that it is occuring for the single dive trips that are on the first page of entries on my dive list.

That is of course a tough one to try and figure out. On top of that, Berthold and I have been working on a rather drastic and fundamental re-write of the dive list, underlying models, etc - so my willingness to dig into something that I can't easily reproduce is somewhat limited... I'd rather spend that time on finishing that rewrite.
But if you can figure out a way to reproduce this, I'll happily take a look.

> You guys have been knocking off a ton of new features -- pretty incredible.  I'm hoping I'll find some more unique pattern of events that will help narrow this down.  I can take screen shots but probably I'd need a video

Screen videos are remarkably useful when trying to figure out what a user is seeing...

Thanks

/