Import dives from Cressi Cartesio

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Feb 18 13:43:18 PST 2020

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 1:33 PM Martin de Weger <martin at deweger.org> wrote:

> I gave it a number of tries (and checked the save logfile option).

Ok, I see the several tries, and I also see the lack of replies.

Oh well.

There's two possibilities:

 (a) the Cressi protocol isn't the same on BLE as it is on a regular serial line

This is actually common issue. I think we've been about 50/50 on dive
computers so far on this. BLE is reliable at a link level (as long as
it works at all ;) and there is packetization information too, so dive
computers don't need to do the quoting and error correcting etc.

 (b) the Nordic UART service needs more setup for the other end (tell
it baud-rate etc)

This is generally unlikely (there really isn't any reason for it when
the defaults should just be set up for the dive computer), but we've
seen that case before when the bluetooth thing was entirely external
to the dive computer like it is here.

I'll go look at the Nordic docs to see what it says.

But if it's (a), then I'd need a BLE packet log from a good download
from the Cressi app. Which I don't even know how to do on iOS at all
(and which is admittedly not fun on Android either). Because I can't
even begin to guess what the BLE protocol differences are if they
exist.

                 Linus