Segfault in OstcFirmwareCheck::checkLatest

Matthias Heinrichs matthias.heinrichs at heinrichsweikamp.com
Mon Jan 13 05:47:24 PST 2020

Am 12.01.2020 um 21:00 schrieb Jef Driesen:
> On 12/01/2020 20:34, Jan Mulder wrote:
>> where we expect a string like "[1.5.1]", being the first line in the
>> http://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/autofirmware/ostc4_changelog.txt file.
>>
>> So, the problem is not data returned from the DC, but from the webserver
>> (and totally unprotected parsing at Subsurface end). But, interestingly,
>> visiting the mentioned changelog file from a browser (or curl), all
>> looks just fine.
>
> Looks like www.heinrichsweikamp.net redirects to heinrichsweikamp.net,
> and subsurface doesn't follow the redirect automatically. This
> probably needs to be configured explicitly in the code somewhere.

Hi Jef,

https://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/autofirmware/ostc4_changelog.txt and
https://heinrichsweikamp.net/autofirmware/ostc4_changelog.txt both work
and not redirected. I haven't changed any config for the
heinrichsweikamp.net domain but maybe the non-https requests are now
redirected because of an update (heinrichsweikamp.net is a virtual
("cloud") server only?

Regards,
     Matthias

--
heinrichs weikamp gmbh * Adlerstr. 7 * 79098 Freiburg * Germany

Amtsgericht Freiburg HRB 713558 * Gerichtsstand Freiburg im Breisgau
Geschäftsführer: Matthias Heinrichs