looking for import help as my computer is apparently a dinosaur

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Tue Jul 7 02:02:19 PDT 2020

Hi all,

> On 6. Jul 2020, at 23:53, Salvador Cuñat <salvador.cunat at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Robert was having problems to build smtk2ssrf in his server, although I only get warnings during the build. Fixing this issue should be easier and faster and users would have an easy way to go.  May be I can take a look at it this weekend.

what a rabbit hole! I tried to build a current version on my server, to find out that the installed Qt version is too old to be useful. So tried to install a more recent on directly from Qt. Oh, that insists on running a GUI installer on my headless machine? OK, let’s do X11 over ssh. OK, now I have 5.14. Oh, that does not get picked up by the build script (later on in some make file)? Maybe it’s a good time to do a distribution upgrade on that Debian server. At least this went well without leaving to much of a mess (only a few cron scripts complaining that they cannot find their required perl modules, but those could eventually be installed). Now the Qt version is fine, it still does not build, because libgit2 complains about not being able to find some libcurl library. But that is there. Hmm. Oh, there are several versions of libcurl in Debian, I have the openssl one installed. Rookie mistake, it should be the TLS version. And the openssl version needs to be deinstalled. Now, finally, I have a fresh smtk2ssrf binary. It still warns about const/non-const and min/max being redefined. But I get a binary. Too bad, it still core dumps on Ivar’s slg file (but converts older slg files just fine). Running it in gdp is not very illuminating, either.

Now, it’s three hours later and I cannot ignore real work calling.

To be continued.

Best
Robert