Mk1 import on Mac

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 23:37:03 PDT 2020

Hello,

there is a report of Garmin Descent Mk1 import not working on Subsurface
4.9.6 on Mac 10.12.6.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!category-topic/subsurface-divelog/V3OGeugWNtg

What is weird is that this depends on the file name, changing the Garmin
generated file name to 5555555555.fit allows import.

I grabbed some old dives from a backup, copied to my Garmin, and download
worked just fine with the original file naming. I tested this on Linux with
4.9.6 and current master. (For obvious reasons, I do not have any fresh
dives on my computer :( )

With a brief look at our and libdivecomputer sources, I don't see anything
that would explain the issue on a Mac.

miika