Suunto Zoop log for Christof's android changes

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Mar 9 16:58:04 PDT 2020

Yes, you are missing that Android is taking away access to things that look like storage from regular apps.
You can access pictures and media files, but you can no longer just read storage... Well, in Android 10 you still can, in 11 this will go away.

https://developer.android.com/preview/privacy/storage <https://developer.android.com/preview/privacy/storage>

Because of that, I haven't bothered to implement this.

/D

> On Mar 9, 2020, at 4:40 PM, Miika Turkia via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> I should be able to run logcat once I have collected more test data. I just need to figure out how to do that over wifi or BT. Have always connected with usb cable before, but that is not an option this time :)
>
> BTW I just realized that Garmin is not supported, but it should probably be relatively easy to add. It is mounted as a disk and we need to just point to right mount point. Or am I missing something?
>
>> On 10. Mar 2020, at 6.45, Christof Arnosti <charno at charno.ch> wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks. The Info (idVendor / idProduct) is already in the log you sent, so no need to download the app.
>>
>> I want to get some (more or less) statistical data about which usb-to-serial chipset behaves how. This is a big help! :)
>>
>> If you have some experience in the android world, could you maybe try to run "adb logcat" while downloading the dives? The logcat output might help with pinpointing the application crash, and I think until now yours is the only report of an actual application crash.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Christof
>>
>> Am 09.03.20 um 23:39 schrieb Miika Turkia:
>>> On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 6:32 AM Christof Arnosti via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org <mailto:subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org>> wrote:
>>> Thanks for the more in-depth ;-) test.
>>>
>>> Having a look at the serial-interface chipset-list at http://libdivecomputer.org/drivers.html <http://libdivecomputer.org/drivers.html> I noticed that suunto uses two different chipsets. Maybe this could be a lead to follow up?
>>>
>>> Can the people owning a suunto computer maybe post the Vendor ID / Product ID of their cable, and if it works or not? The App  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=aws.apps.usbDeviceEnumerator <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=aws.apps.usbDeviceEnumerator> shows these values.
>>>
>>> This is what I get on dmesg when attaching the D4 cable:
>>> ---8<---
>>> [30804.146977] usb 1-2: new full-speed USB device number 12 using xhci_hcd
>>> [30804.301648] usb 1-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0403, idProduct=6001
>>> [30804.301653] usb 1-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
>>> [30804.301657] usb 1-2: Product: USB <-> Serial Cable
>>> [30804.301660] usb 1-2: Manufacturer: Smartinterface
>>> [30804.890118] usbcore: registered new interface driver ftdi_sio
>>> [30804.890187] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for FTDI USB Serial Device
>>> [30804.890504] ftdi_sio 1-2:1.0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected
>>> [30804.890728] usb 1-2: Detected FT232RL