Suunto HelO2 - successful

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Mar 13 14:46:52 PDT 2020

So I just tried downloading from my old Suunto HelO2 on android
mobile, and it all seemed to work fine.

I did notice something: if I left my phone alone (because I did the
"force download all dives" and it took a while), the download seemed
to get truncated. I didn't really test a lot, but my _guess_ is that
when the lock-screen comes on, the access to the USB device gets
terminated.

If I kept the phone open (touching it to keep things awake) it did
seem to download all (?) 48'ish dives. I haven't used that dive
computer in a long time by now, so I'm not actually sure how many
dives it has on it, but it seemed believable.

I tried to email myself the logs (with the "Help -> Ask for support"
thing) but that only sent a very truncated set of logs. Nothing
interesting.

That's with the official Suunto cable, and the phone immediately asked
me "Do I want to start subsurface" when I connected it.

Anyway, aside from the fact that none of the dives were new and I
didn't check the details, it all looked successful. With the caveat
that apparently  you can't close the screen.

I didn't try locking/unlocking by hand while downloading. I guess I should.

            Linus