Feedback iOS 3.0.0 (4.9.3.1185) for iOS

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Mar 23 12:28:51 PDT 2020

On Sun, 2020-03-22 at 07:46 +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:

> I pretty much agree to Rainer's review. I did not suffer from the
> divelist/map issue. However, I noticed that if I swipe from lefto to
> right, starting from the edge of the screen, I might get to the
> divelist. When starting the swipe well within the screen, this does
> not occur.

I do see somewhat erratic and hard to reproduce behavior. Even with
heavily instrumented (and very verbose) code I cannot figure out which
combination of events causes us to get this wrong.

> One issue for me though was that I naturally swiped starting within
> the dive profile. And this is going to move the profile around. This
> is annoying, as I was meaning to swipe through the dives. When the
> profile is not zoomed in, I would suggest to disable moving it. Also
> the profile should be limited to be moved within the profile
> boundaries, it does not make sense to be able to offset the profile
> completely from the screen.

Oh boy. This opened such a can of worms with layers and layers of
insanity. Thank you, I needed that today :-)

I am slowly unpacking the logic here, but the resulting code is a
painful mess. Right now I have at least more of this working, but not
quite everything the way I would like it to be. This will definitely
delay my ability to release 3.0 as this needs a lot more testing :-(

In the meantime I'm working on the mobile manual... any takers to
proof-read?