Subsurface-mobile v3 user manual

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Mar 23 18:17:50 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

Since this was buried in a different thread, let me give this a bit
more visibility...

As I have mentioned, I am getting closer to releasing (hopefully later
this week) Subsurface-mobile 3.0. The beta tests for both iOS and
Android appear to be going well, a few more changes will go in today
and thanks to the AMAZING translators we have once again strong
translations in an impressive number of languages.

Given the rather significant changes, I have taken on a fairly
substantial rewrite of the user manual, including replacing more than
half of the screen shots to reflect the updated UI.

I would love it if a few more of you could take the time to play with
the beta and check the user manual.

Rainer's feedback has been incorporated, but I'm hoping that more
people will proof read and make suggestions what else we should add to
the user manual.

To make it easier for people to test this, I have enabled the user
manual on the website (but this isn't linked from anywhere on the
website, yet). This direct link should word:

https://subsurface-divelog.org/documentation/subsurface-mobile-v3-user-manual/

When looking at it in a browser, please remember that the expectation
is for this to be used on a mobile device - it does look a bit odd on a
full screen browser on your 20" screen :-)

I'll take feedback and suggestions in many formats. The easiest is of
course a pull request against the source file (Documentation/mobile-
manual-v3.txt), but I'll happily take a diff to that file, or even
annotations in the form of "Paragraph that starts with 'Once upon a
time', change the reference to the wolf and replace it with a pig". And
of course drafts of new sections in plain text are welcome, too :-)

Thanks everyone - I'm quite excited about this release. So many cool
new features...