releasing Subsurface-mobile 3.0 (Dirk Hohndel)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Mar 25 19:00:43 PDT 2020

> On Mar 25, 2020, at 6:38 PM, Hartley Horwitz via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> I've been testing iOS build 4.9.3.1229 on an iPhone6.  So far it looks really good.  I've tried:
> * Scrolling through the dive list, expanding trips, contracting trips, scrolling through dives within a trip
> * zooming, unzooming, and shifting a zoomed dive profile
> * editing dive notes
> * adding new dives --> notes below about some issues
> * saving to the cloud
> * filtering dives based on key words
> * showing dives on a map
> * deleting dives

Wow, that's quite a bit of testing. Have you played with the really cool full undo/redo?
One of my favorite features (HUGE kudos to Berthold). And the most often requested feature on mobile :-)

> One unexpected behavior is when I select the "+" sign at the bottom of the dive list to add a new dive.  The screen scrolls immediately to the dive map which I had open from some of the experiments I tried above.  I wasn't aware that the new dive was added to the list - instead i was looking at a map. Only when I selected the dive list again did I realize I had added an un-named dive.  I would have expected that the dive + profile page would have shown, and not the map.

Definitely. Ha.

> The next unexpected behavior occured when I went to edit the new dive.  I select the pencil to edit, and instead of the screen showing the dive, it is covered by the main subsurface info banner (that contains the dive list, dive management, location, settings, and help menus).  Closing that reveals my new dive and I can edit it as expected.   After the edits, selecting the 'save' icon results in the same thing -- the banner shows up, but the changes I made were saved.

So clearly the page stack gets messed up and we end up switching to the wrong pages.

> If a video is required, I can make one.

I don't think so -- what would really help me understand what's going on, though, would be a log after the same (or a similar) sequence.
Go through the same steps, once you get to the incorrect page, start a support email from within the app and sketch out in the email which steps you took to get there. That way I can track the page switches as logged in the log vs what you say that you did.

That would likely be a huge help in tracking the issue down.

Thanks