releasing Subsurface-mobile 3.0 (Dirk Hohndel)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Mar 25 20:15:50 PDT 2020

On Wed, 2020-03-25 at 23:10 -0400, Hartley Horwitz via subsurface
wrote:

> Wow, that's quite a bit of testing. Have you played with the really
> > cool full undo/redo?
> > One of my favorite features (HUGE kudos to Berthold). And the most
> > often requested feature on mobile :-)
>
> I tried undo and redo.  It worked for the testing I tried (several
> nested undos and redoes). Amazing.

It is really cool code. And the best part is that it makes adding
features in mobile so much easier.

And Kudos to you for all the testing you do.
I think most non-developers don't appreciate how much the testing helps
us. When you write code it's really hard to use it in ways that break
it - because if you had thought of using it that way, there's a good
chance your code wouldn't have been broken for that case
(ok, that's a massive over-simplification... but the underlying fact is
still true -- testing is an ENORMOUS task and it really helps when more
people participate)