releasing Subsurface-mobile 3.0 (Dirk Hohndel)

Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor office at adaptcom.ro
Thu Mar 26 01:10:09 PDT 2020

Hey Hello,
That is pretty good test plan.
Below my results from a Android 10 phone:
* Scrolling through the dive list, expanding trips, contracting trips,
scrolling through dives within a trip  > works ok
* zooming, unzooming, and shifting a zoomed dive profile > does not work on
android. No zoom, no nothing... The UI just shifts the next dive when I try
zooming or other action
* editing dive notes > works
* adding new dives > works
* saving to the cloud > works
* filtering dives based on key words > works , but I have to press multiple
times the filter button
* showing dives on a map > works
* deleting dives > works
* undo, redo > works

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 5:16 AM Dirk Hohndel via subsurface <
subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2020-03-25 at 23:10 -0400, Hartley Horwitz via subsurface
> wrote:
> >
> > Wow, that's quite a bit of testing. Have you played with the really
> > > cool full undo/redo?
> > > One of my favorite features (HUGE kudos to Berthold). And the most
> > > often requested feature on mobile :-)
> >
> > I tried undo and redo.  It worked for the testing I tried (several
> > nested undos and redoes). Amazing.
>
> It is really cool code. And the best part is that it makes adding
> features in mobile so much easier.
>
> And Kudos to you for all the testing you do.
> I think most non-developers don't appreciate how much the testing helps
> us. When you write code it's really hard to use it in ways that break
> it - because if you had thought of using it that way, there's a good
> chance your code wouldn't have been broken for that case
> (ok, that's a massive over-simplification... but the underlying fact is
> still true -- testing is an ENORMOUS task and it really helps when more
> people participate)
>
> /D

Cu stima/Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Chirana-Gheorghita Eugeniu-Theodor
Bucharest, Romania

e-mail : office at adaptcom.ro
mobile: 0743 698721