Subsurface-mobile v3 user manual

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Mar 26 10:13:28 PDT 2020

Thanks, Martin...

On Thu, 2020-03-26 at 10:31 +0100, Martin de Weger wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> Here are my remarks. Overall, it looks good (in my opinion ;) ).

8-)

> Paragraph 2: iTunes Store is App Store (or Apple App Store)

Done

> Paragraph 3: could you put a hyperlink to the user forum in the text
> (and have it open in a new tab of the browser)? New users might not
> know where to find the forum. ;)

The "open in new tab" unfortunately isn't easily supported in asciidoc
(which we use for document conversion - I may switch to asciidoctor
when I have some spare time). But I added this link and correctly
annotated another one that's already in the manual.

> Last sentence of paragraph 4 is missing an S in looks

I didn't find that. We have the word 'look' only twice in the mobile
user manual:

This user interface has a slightly different look and feel than many native Android and iOS apps

The iOS screens look similar.

To me, both of these look (ha) correct...

Can you check the very latest version on the website (I haven't pushed
all of the user manual changes to GitHub, yet)?

https://subsurface-divelog.org/documentation/subsurface-mobile-v3-user-manual/

Thanks again for proof reading. I think the links are a really good
idea!