releasing Subsurface-mobile 3.0 (Dirk Hohndel)

Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor office at adaptcom.ro
Thu Mar 26 11:39:27 PDT 2020

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020, 19:24 Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Trying to catch up and get it all into one email...
>
> THANK YOU for all the testing. This is really really useful.
>
> On Thu, 2020-03-26 at 10:10 +0200, Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor
> wrote:
> > Hey Hello,
> > That is pretty good test plan.
> > Below my results from a Android 10 phone:
> > * Scrolling through the dive list, expanding trips, contracting
> > trips, scrolling through dives within a trip  > works ok
> > * zooming, unzooming, and shifting a zoomed dive profile > does not
> > work on android. No zoom, no nothing... The UI just shifts the next
> > dive when I try zooming or other action
>
> Zooming works flawlessly on some devices, ok on others, and is really
> hard to start on some. On my "main phone" (a Pixel 3XL) it's a major
> pain in the rear...
> What works for me most of the time is to put one finger down, wait
> maybe a quarter second, then the second finger and start pinching.
> But yes, this needs to be better. I just wish I knew how.

Yes... that works. keeping a finget down . after that all imteractions are
ok. zoomimg, moving,

> > * editing dive notes > works
> > * adding new dives > works
> > * saving to the cloud > works
> > * filtering dives based on key words > works , but I have to press
> > multiple times the filter button
>
> The filter sometimes is shown above the visible area. What happens if
> you tap on the filter button once and then pull down on the dive list?

works like that. hmmm

> > * showing dives on a map > works
> > * deleting dives > works
> >
> > * undo, redo > works
> >

> [next email]
> > More:
> > when adding manually a dive and pressing the cancel button the new
> > dive in displayed without no info but it is not saved .
>
> Yes, I was able to reproduce that, will figure out a fix before the
> release
>
> > In any screen when I try using back action on smartphone it just
> > opens partially the two panels on the sides (menu and dive actions)
>
> Thanks for that screen shot. I tried this on four different Android
> phones and cannot reproduce it. Hmm... for me the back button works
> reasonably logically as "get out of here, cancel"

I use the new android 10 ui where there are no buttons. i just put the
finger in that ate and swipe up.

> > I was unable to find how to create or play with dive trips on
> > Android.
>
> [next email]
>
> > So I only can create trips from windows.
> > After that trips show in Android .
>
> This is one of those moments when you slap yourself on the forehead and
> go "DUH!!! why didn't I notice that????"
> You are absolutely correct. That feature is missing. And implementing
> it now will create a new string to translate. I hate it when I'm this
> dumb.

No problem . I will translate the RO asap.

> > The weird thing is that when I remove a dive from trip or make any
> > modofications to the trip , even if I do manual cloud sync, the
> > modifications are not saved.
>
> That I have tested extensively and it works for me.
> Can you create a simple test case where you reproduce this behavior
> (ideally with a screen shot or two) and then after the error is
> visible, send me the logs (simply start an in-app support request...
> those all go to me)

- remove dive from trip
- exit app
- dive is still not in dive trip after open
- automatic cloud sync is active. pics attached, logs sent via support