releasing Subsurface-mobile 3.0 (Dirk Hohndel)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Mar 26 11:58:24 PDT 2020

On Thu, 2020-03-26 at 20:39 +0200, Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor
wrote:

> > Zooming works flawlessly on some devices, ok on others, and is
> > really
> > hard to start on some. On my "main phone" (a Pixel 3XL) it's a
> > major
> > pain in the rear...
> > What works for me most of the time is to put one finger down, wait
> > maybe a quarter second, then the second finger and start pinching.
> > But yes, this needs to be better. I just wish I knew how.
>
> Yes... that works. keeping a finget down . after that all
> imteractions are ok. zoomimg, moving,

And yes, this is a sucky user experience...

> > > * filtering dives based on key words > works , but I have to
> > press
> > > multiple times the filter button
> >
> > The filter sometimes is shown above the visible area. What happens
> > if
> > you tap on the filter button once and then pull down on the dive
> > list?
>
> works like that. hmmm

Again, not a great user experience :-(
But at least it, err, works?

> > > More:
> > > when adding manually a dive and pressing the cancel button the
> > new
> > > dive in displayed without no info but it is not saved .
> >
> > Yes, I was able to reproduce that, will figure out a fix before the
> > release

I am testing a fix right now, this will be addressed in the next beta

> > > In any screen when I try using back action on smartphone it just
> > > opens partially the two panels on the sides (menu and dive
> > actions)
> >
> > Thanks for that screen shot. I tried this on four different Android
> > phones and cannot reproduce it. Hmm... for me the back button works
> > reasonably logically as "get out of here, cancel"
>
> I use the new android 10 ui where there are no buttons. i just put
> the finger in that ate and swipe up.

I'm not familiar with that. I am on Android 10 on a couple of my
devices and still have a back button show up...
So I'm reasonably sure that this is just the gesture not being
understood at all anymore.
Now I need to figure out how to turn that "feature" on on one of my
devices...

> > > I was unable to find how to create or play with dive trips on
> > > Android.
> >
> > [next email]
> >
> > > So I only can create trips from windows.
> > > After that trips show in Android .
> >
> > This is one of those moments when you slap yourself on the forehead
> > and
> > go "DUH!!! why didn't I notice that????"
> > You are absolutely correct. That feature is missing. And
> > implementing
> > it now will create a new string to translate. I hate it when I'm
> > this
> > dumb.
>
> No problem . I will translate the RO asap.

:-)

I'll work on that next, once I am sure that I fixed the bug above.

> - remove dive from trip
> - exit app
> - dive is still not in dive trip after open
> - automatic cloud sync is active. pics attached, logs sent via
> support

I assume that third bullet is a typo and you mean to say "dive is still
in the dive trip"?

I received the logs. I haven't quite figured out what's wrong, though.

Thanks