releasing Subsurface-mobile 3.0

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Mar 26 20:36:07 PDT 2020

Replying to myself (bad style, I know).
No, I think my guess is wrong. It seems to be something else that appears to happen on very high density screens (which happen to be often the newer phones).
A quick hack to scale the UI (just lie about the device pixel ratio) and indeed the moment I don’t hit the action button absolutely straight, the moment there is the slightest sideway or up movement, the GlobalDrawer (if you hit slightly “towards the right) or partially both drawers (if you drift upwards while clicking the filter button) are shown.
Now the question becomes “what can we do about this”.
I have some crazy speculation what might be causing this - maybe Kirigami is mis-interpreting the clicks and it isn’t iOS’s fault.
My family has requested that I stop sitting in my office, so I’m not sure I’ll be able to try to fix this tonight... and of course that leaves me with the question of whether I should try to release 3.0 tomorrow. Given that I am off from work today and tomorrow the timing to release this week seemed great. But on the flip side, creating a rather poor user experience for a lot of users is not the way to go...

Thoughts?