releasing Subsurface-mobile 3.0

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Mar 27 10:27:09 PDT 2020

That is... surprising.
I am testing on two iPhones. a 6plus and an 8plus (so both are the larger size). Also testing on a 2016 iPad pro 9.6” and a 2019 iPad pro 9.6”. And unless I deliberately try to drag the action button while hitting it, I cannot reproduce your issue.
But then, what I experience isn’t really the point (because I don’t actually use any of these devices (with the exception of the 2019 iPad that I am also using to write this email) on a day-to-day basis. What matters is the experience of actual users like you.

I spent some time browsing through the Kirigami sources to see if we could simply turn off the response of the action button to being dragged. Unfortunately it appears that this is a non-optional feature as far as Kirigami is concerned. I will spend some time this morning to see if there is a quick hack where we simply patch the version of Kirigami that we bundle with Subsurface-mobile that we could use to either disable this or make it a LOT less sensitive. I’ll keep the list posted if I succeed.

For now I am holding off on releasing Subsurface-mobile 3.0

/D