releasing Subsurface-mobile 3.0

Hartley Horwitz hhrwtz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 12:55:33 PDT 2020

> Bcc:
> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 14:36:03 -0400
> Subject: Re: releasing Subsurface-mobile 3.0
> Sorry, that got sent.  Here's the test plan
> * open subsurface
> * select the filter button.  If your screen immediately shows the
> Subsurface main menu (including dive list, dive management, location,
> settings), then you have the bug I was referring to.
> * filter your dives with some text string
> * clear the filters, by selecting the filter button. On the previous
> release, that also showed the main menu.
>
> BTW, the latest release is working for this specific bug.  I'm working
> through some other tests.
>
> One issue with filtering, described later, but overall this is looking
great.  Tested in iPhone 6.
* add dive.  added some existing location based on my pulldown
* add dive then cancel
* delete a dive
* undo, redo, including nestimg of commands
* view main menu and change settings (I tried font)
* open and close trips
* zoom, pan and unzoom dive profile
* swipe left/right to move through dives
* use the upper menu to return immediately to the top of the dive list
* filter dives and unfilter based on a text string.   Read below....

Selecting the filter button appears to do nothing. The screen doesn't
change.  I need to scroll down (pull down) to expose the filter field.  So
the filter button worked, but the scrolling of the main list of dives
didn't change to show the filter.

This could be confusing.  If I didn't know I should scroll to find the
filter, hitting filtering button 3 times ((1) ON but invisible due to lack
of scroll, (2) OFF, (3) ON) the keyboard shows up, letting the user know
that he/she should enter data.  That's not a bug, but just highlighting how
it may appear to be inconsistent.

...Hartley