releasing Subsurface-mobile 3.0

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Mar 27 15:01:51 PDT 2020

I just submitted the 4.9.3.1246 binaries for both Android and iOS review.

Both app stores warn of "significantly longer than usual" app review times due to COVID 19.
Which means I don't know when these will become available, but my guess is not before next week.

Thanks to everyone who worked so tirelessly to make this happen. I couldn't do this without you.
Berthold has done significant work in the backend code without which we wouldn't have the new dive list, the trip support, the new filter code, and the undo/redo system. He was instrumental to fixing most of the bugs that were marring the previous version of Subsurface-mobile.
Christof implemented the Android USB support (based on previous work by and encouragement from Anton).
A lot of the changes that have gone into our code base are by Jan Iversen. After many incidents I banned Jan from the project a couple of months ago. I didn't take that step lightly, but I also don't regret it. That doesn't mean that I shouldn't mention his work here. The new settings page and the dive summary page as well as the (somewhat challenging) export functionality were initially implemented by him.

And as always, a special thanks to the translators, the people helping me with the documentation, and of course everyone who tested and submitted feedback and bug reports.

THANK YOU