releasing Subsurface-mobile 3.0 on Android

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Mar 30 05:47:11 PDT 2020

Here are a few comments on V4.9.3.1258.

On 2020/03/30 00:03, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Productive day here so far....
>

> On Sun, 2020-03-29 at 11:14 -0700, Dirk Hohndel via subsurface wrote:
>> Upon activating the software,  I get a message "No dives in dive
>> list"
>>
>> It would make much more sense if the message said something like
>> "preparing the dive list".

Yes, please do that. Just "Loading dive list"

> That should work in the beta.
>
>>> When I tap the filter button, nothing happens.
This works perfectly now. Excellent!
>> One other issue:
>> When opening the Undo/Redo menu and I select the Android Return
>> button
>> (NOT the X-button the left of the Undo/Redo menu), I exit
>> Subsurface-mobile. This is counter-intuitive. Upon hitting the
>> Android
>> RETURN button, it should just close the Undo/Redo menu. This
>> should
>> probably apply to all submenus
>> By RETURN you mean the back arrow?
>> Yeah, that's definitely a bug.
> Also fixed in the beta.
Hitting the Android BACK button still exits Subsurface.

In the new build I could not repeat the problem with unwanted cloud sync
of dive logs.

Dive site editing while editing dive information. I hit the pencil icon
while a dive profile is showing. Editing the dive location is a mess. I
tried to remove some of the text and ended up with gibberish. I suspect
it is a case where the screen pointer and the internal text pointer do
not point at the same place in the text field. See the screen movie at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucss7bqtc7mdnp6/20200330_133215.mp4?dl=0

I suspected that the text editing would in general would be problematic,
but I could not find similar problems when editing the dive notes, only
while editing the dive location. I tested most of the other input fields
in the dive edit screen and everything else appeared ok.

In the dive summary screen, the Avg SAC (when all dives are used) gives
a zero or a negative value for both columns of results. The other SAC
values displayed appear ok.

After editing a dive and exiting to the dive list: when I select, from
the list, a different dive to view, the Android keyboard comes up in
front of the dive information. Disabling the keyboard by hitting the
Android BACK button only disables the keyboard for a few seconds, then
the keyboard reappears. Frustrating. Restarting Subsurface removes the
problem.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to