releasing Subsurface-mobile 3.0 on Android

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Mar 30 13:05:26 PDT 2020

On Mon, 2020-03-30 at 21:46 +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> On 2020/03/30 18:15, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > Yes, please do that. Just "Loading dive list"
> See attached screenshot showing version
> > That's already in 4.9.3.1258. Did this not work for you?
>
> See attached image.

As I mentioned in one of my emails. With my slowest / oldest phone I
also don't get the updated notification text. With my newer phones and
tablets I do get a better message. I cannot explain why.

> My screen is quite small. I cannot open the undo/redo submenu while
> the
> main menu is open.

No one can - they are sized to cover about 2/3 of your screen.

>  But trying it with the undo/redo submenu now appears
> to work ok for me sometimes. The ideosyncracy is that sometimes the
> submenu only has 2 items: undo and redo. In that case there appears
> be no problem and I can quit with BACK. But in other cases 7 items
> appear without me doing any editing on the dive contents. < Remove
> dive
> from trip (at top) .... Redo (at bottom). In that case when I hit
> the
> Android BACK button, the undo/redo submenu is not closed. If I hit
> the
> BACK button a 2nd time then Subsurface (as it should) quits. In some
> cases I can select the redo/undo from the dive list and then there
> are
> omly two options. In other cases, when I select the undo/redo on the
> dive list, it opens the screen with the dive profile and then opens
> 7-option submenu. When I select undo/redo  from the dive list
> immediately after startup, I get a 2-item submenu.

You are testing with 1258 as 1263 hasn't been pushed out by Google,
yet. I believe (but of course won't know until you try as your phone
truly IS special) that this should be fixed in 1263

> > > In the dive summary screen, the Avg SAC (when all dives are used)
> > > gives
> > > a zero or a negative value for both columns of results. The other
> > > SAC
> > > values displayed appear ok.
> > I haven't seen that effect (and again tested this on two phones
> > with to
> > different test accounts with different data), I will look at the
> > code
> > to see if I can understand how that would happen. Do you have a
> > screen
> > shot for this effect?
> See attached screenshot.

Thanks for that. Obviously a bug, I'll look into that later today.