more fixes in 3.0.2

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Mar 31 13:17:54 PDT 2020

On Tue, 2020-03-31 at 22:49 +0300, Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor
wrote:
> Android update still not available.

I know. As I'm sure everyone realizes, this is completely outside of my
control. I typically submit both of them relatively close to each
other. Because of my workflow, most of the time the Android one gets
submitted first, then I upload the iOS one, need to wait for it to
process (usually ~10 minutes), then do a couple of manual steps with a
web UI, then submit it for review. Every time the SKU version number
changes (3.0.0 -> 3.0.1), iOS clearly has a manual step on their side,
if the SKU version stays the same, it tends to be very quick.

Google on the other hand seems to be completely random. Most of the
time the update is life within 15-30 minutes. And then randomly it
takes hours. That same variability is true for Google even when moving
binaries from beta to production. That is sometimes near instantaneous,
other times it has taken a couple of days.

For example, the previous beta (the one that is still visible on the
Play store) was up within about 10 minutes after I submitted it. The
current one has been submitted two and a half hours ago and doesn't
show up, yet.

> One more thing to consider:
> maibe on the about page someoane should modify the dates. Now it
> reads Subsurface developer team 2011-2019... should it be 2011-2020
> ??? :)

Groan. Yes.