towards 4.9.4

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat May 2 10:56:16 PDT 2020

On Fri, 2020-05-01 at 12:50 -0700, Dirk Hohndel via subsurface wrote:
> Yay,
>
> The last outstanding fix (that I am aware of at this time) just went
> in.

Turns out that Berthold found another one over night (or more
precisely, earlier today Austrian time. But other than that, we are
pretty much ready to go.

> As I mentioned a few minutes ago, I'm still hoping for some more
> translations, and of course for a lot more testing, and assuming
> nothing major comes up will cut a release tomorrow.

I'm about an hour or two away from cutting the release. I gone through
the translations myself to update a few strings in various languages
that are trivial to update from earlier translations (e.g., the
copyright message).

Here's where we are.

The 100% club (in no particular order):

Spanish
Finnish
Swedish
Hebrew
Portuguese (PT)
Dutch
Romanian
German (DE)

That is amazing commitment by the translators. This is hard work that
never gets enough praise. Thank you, thank you.

above 95% (descending):

Bulgarian
English (UK) <- makes me giggle as that does seem like it would be easy
Catalan

above 90% (descending):

Chinese (TW)
French

above 80% (descending):

Polish
Czech
Portuguese (BR)
Italian
Norwegian
German (CH) <- also seems like it might be easier with de_DE @100%

If any of the language teams want a little longer, I could certainly
delay for an hour or two, but unless I hear from them pretty much
"now", I'll get started on creating the release...

(no, I'm not putting this up to shame anyone... every translation is a
gift and appreciated; it is hard to find the time and energy to do
this. I just wanted to point out how close some of them are)