4.9.4 - issues saving to cloud (windows version)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun May 3 08:16:17 PDT 2020

> On May 3, 2020, at 6:47 AM, Hartley Horwitz via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> I downloaded the latest ci-release for windows and started testing on Windows10.
>
> I'm able to download from the cloud, but I cannot save to the cloud.  I keep failing at the beginning of the transfer (transferring 0/9... and then it fails).   I've tried this numerous times over the last few minutes.
>
> Was something changed on this latest build because this was working well for all the windows binaries that I've tried over the last few weeks?

No, this was the cloud server running out of inodes in its /tmp directory.
And the stupid thing is that I actually noticed TestGitStorage fail yesterday, but that test had been so unreliable in the past that I called it a day and ignored it instead of investigating.

My bad.

Please try again, I believe it should work again.
Thankfully, due to the way our git storage works, no user should have lost any data in this incident because things were just stored to their local cache and will be synced the next time they connect.
Not that a lot of people are on dive trips right now...

Thanks for testing and pointing this out!