Error opening cloud storage

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue May 5 08:22:46 PDT 2020

> On May 5, 2020, at 6:42 AM, Crawford Currie via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> Is there a problem with the cloud server?

It's always possible that there is, but right now that does not appear to be the case.
I just successfully connected from two different hosts
> I updated to 4.9.4 using:
>
> $ snap refresh subsurface.

so you are doing this using the snap. That could in theory impact network interactions...
> Started subsurface, selected menu item File->Open cloud storage
>
> Error message "Cannot sync with cloud server, working with offline copy".
>

> INFO: certificate callback for host cloud.subsurface-divelog.org <http://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/> with validity 1
> INFO: remote fetch failed (unexpected HTTP status code: 500)
That does look like an internal server error, for sure.

I looked again through the logs and and saw that for a while the server had issues connecting
with the authentication database (as a side effect of a different user trying a brute force login
attack with incorrect passwords).

Maybe all it takes would be for you to try again?
And if it fails again, could you note down the precise time when that happened?

Thanks