quick update on test binaries

Berthold Stoeger bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Fri May 8 02:57:03 PDT 2020

On Donnerstag, 7. Mai 2020 20:51:02 CEST Dirk Hohndel via subsurface wrote:
> > On May 7, 2020, at 11:35 AM, Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor
> > <office at adaptcom.ro> wrote:
> >
> > So more testing. As I said with pics it works except for the gps data from
> > pic. I cannot figure how to import that data .
> I personally have never used that (as all of my devices have been set up to
> NEVER record GPS locations in pictures). It seems to me that in dive.c /
> create_picture() we are extracting the location from the EXIF information
> and then call dive_set_geodata_from_picture() - reading that function, what
> is needed is that your dive does have a location (i.e. a dive_site), but
> that the dive_site has no GPS data associated with it.

It seems that you are looking at an old version. create_picture() is in
picture.c since the undoization of media.

Moreover, if the dive doesn't have a dive site, a dive site is created. Sadly,
the site was given an empty name, though that should be fixed by
https://github.com/subsurface/subsurface/pull/2825

Theodor sent me the picture in question. Weirdly, for me it (mostly) works,
both with a dive site without GPS location and without a dive site. It just
seems that the flag is not immediately updated on the map. The only thing to
take care of is the check the "Load media files even the time does not match"
box.

Berthold